Everyone is invited to join Representative-elect Mike Connolly and his team of supporters at the historic Massachusetts State House to celebrate the Inaugural Ceremonies of the 190th Biennium of the Great and General Court on Wednesday, January 4, 2017.
All 160 members of the House of Representatives will be simultaneously sworn-in by Governor Baker in a formal ceremony that will begin at 11 am in the House Chamber. Please join us for breakfast and lunch in the Great Hall of the State House, and be sure to allow time for getting through the security checkpoint.
- Breakfast will be served (buffet-style) in the Great Hall of the State House starting at 8 am and continuing until 11 am.
- The swearing-in ceremony will begin at 11 am. Because all members are sworn-in together, seating inside the House Chamber is extremely limited. However, additional seating and TV viewing of the ceremony will be available outside the House Chamber on the third floor and outside the House Gallery on the fourth floor.
- Immediately following the inaugural ceremony, at apoximiantley 1 pm, lunch will be served in the Great Hall of the State House.
- The primary point of entry for all guests is the General Hooker entrance on Beacon Street or the Ashburton Park entrance on Bowdoin Street.
- There will be a coat check in Room 257 on the second floor. It will open at 8:30 am and close at 3 pm.
All of these events are free and open to the public. By RSVP'ing for this event, you will receive via email any updates or additions to the schedule. Thank you once again for all of your support!